Tattoos
New Tattoo

Monday, June 22, 2009

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars!

I used to be a Glass Half Empty sort of person. Pessimist. However, since adjusting my pain meds last week something *clicked* and now I am a Glass Half Full person. I've learned how to control my pain for the past week to a point where I am rarely in pain during the day even though it is in the mid-90's and humid. This does lead me to wonder if it's the change in temps and barometric pressure rather than the heat and humidity that bother me. However, for the next 7 days it will be in the mid 90's and humid and I have to say, I am okay with it. I don't love it, but, I no longer hate it more than the average person who dislikes being hot.

As I've had this change in attitude, I've realized all the things I was missing out on in life by not seeing things through rose colored glasses. Yeah, I have MS. But, I also have the ability to have a full and complete life. MS should just be an annoyance. Not something to live my life around. So, I have been job hunting since the end of last week and with my new "Can Do" attitude, I plan to land a job this week. I've already received 1 call back.




" In The Middle Of Difficulty Lies Opportunity." ~ Albert Einstein





Before MS, I was a vibrant professional doing well in her career and had almost everything I could ever want. I can be that person again. I will be. I want those days back of no worrying about money and debt. No reasons that I had to stay home all day. I want it so bad I will make it happen again, even if I have the annoyance of MS and have to push through the pain it brings me.

Life changes are coming and I'm excited. I'm willing to work for what I want, my future, our future. I will become an active MSer. I will prevail! So can you! We all can. It is easy to forget that sometimes, but, even with MS we can all succeed and live our life's dreams!

I am excited about all the possible new opportunities, teachings and life experiences that lie out there for me.




" Adopt the Pace of Nature: Her Secret is Patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 comments:

Post a Comment