Tattoos
New Tattoo

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The BEST Cooling Device Ever!

I loved summer before I was diagnosed with MS. I don't "Hate" it now, but, I don't enjoy it nearly as much since my body no longer deals well with the heat.

Like many of you, I suffer from problems of my Core Body Temp rising and not being able to handle the heat. Too much heat exhausts me. I don't want to spend my entire summer in my home, so instead, I have researched and found a cooling device that works really well for me! Because lets face it even air conditioning doesn't always cool us enough.

It is a Neck Cooling Device from Aqualitywater.com. It's called the ArctiCollar Personal Cooling System. You can view it HERE. The website informs you about the cooling technology and how it works.

I purchased the light blue one -Stats as I've found them:

  • It is surprisingly comfortable. This Neck Cooling System looks like you are wearing a whiplash collar for lack of a better comparison. So I personally don't mind wearing it in public if needed, you can just tell someone you have whiplash. LOL
  • If you FREEZE the Cooling Pack and wear it non-stop it can last up to 2.5-3 hours, depending on your surrounding temperature. If you refrigerate it, it lasts about 1-1.5 hours. I purchased the set with 2 cooling packs so when one pack is warm I can get the spare out of the freezer and put the old one back in the freezer. If I wanted, I could have constant cooling 24/7.
  • Also, another benefit is being able to keep it on ICE in a cooler, I keep a small cooler in my car so if I want to go somewhere and not wear it, I can put it on in my car right after I am in done with my errands in public.
  • This is my first FULL week using it daily as it has been in the high 80's here and super humid. I was glad to have it with me on my Florida Trip!

My Personal Usage and What It has done for me:

  • Wearing the ArctiCollar has allowed me to be able to work around the house, take the dogs for a walk and do some chores without getting overheated and exhausted. As long as I had the collar on, I felt cool and good. I will say fatigue hit me like a brick in the afternoon after I have removed the collar, not sure if it was related.
  • The Collar feels comfortable upon your bare skin and there is only a pleasantly cool feeling. No burning or stinging of your skin after removing the Collar directly from the freezer.
  • I have been able to sit outside on my porch with my dogs reading in the heat of the day and feeling warm, but, not hot. I even considered taking it to the pool, though, that would be one BIG tan line! I just prefer to swim in the water instead to keep cool. And I know that when I leave the pool I have a nice cold cooling device waiting for me if needed.

While there are many cooling options out there for us, this is the one I preferred to try before getting a big vest and for me it works well. I highly recommend it.

I wanted to post about this, as Joan's topic for the Chat this week is regarding Personal Cooling Devices and I am not sure if I will be able to attend the Chat or not. If anyone has any other great cooling device experiences please do tell me in the comments. I'd be interested if they could make a cooling device inside of a scarf that you could wear around your neck, in your hair or something like that.


In the meantime, break out your Blender and keep cool by having Strawberry Daiquiri's like in the picture above. Keeps you cool and it's yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment