Tattoos
New Tattoo

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Behind Every Cloud Is a Silver Lining


2 weeks into my new FT job now and my body is already reacting badly to the stress of working FT at a semi-stressful job. Not super stressful, but definitely a few days where I felt an elephant sitting on my chest from stress. My MS Symptoms have chimed right in to let me know hey...we are still here...don't forget about us too!

Pounding Headaches, Twitches, Spasms Galore. Though I do sleep better at night now that I get up at 6:30am daily. This week I kicked a co-worker inadvertently when I had a spasm, luckily it was under a conference room table so she couldn't see it and I just said "oops, sorry" and then proceeded to move around like I meant to move there. Nothing like kicking someone when you don't plan on it!

Work itself is going fine and they are praising me like crazy - I'm used to it - I am good at my job and the people are all in some way colorful. I like that it is 5 miles down the road (for now) and I can come home and see the dogs at lunch. Or like on Friday...eat lunch at work (they bought us pizza) and come home at lunch to nap for 25 minutes.

I am a contractor right now which means I do not have benefits and since my hubby lost his job 3 weeks ago we can no longer afford my Cobra insurance so I can't buy my copaxone shots any longer until one of us gets a job with benefits. This does worry me as I noticed a big difference in my overall health once those shots kicked in after taking them for a few months again. I am going to call Shared Solutions to see if they offer any FREE shots and how to get them.

Unless a miracle happens and hubby is working by 8/17 we will have to move in with his parents who live 35 miles North of us and 40 miles from my employer. I will have to commute 80 miles a day for VERY little pay if I stay in this job. This does not please me. My body is already not thrilled I am working FT, I can't imagine what adding such a commute on would do...you know we have to be careful not to push ourselves into an MS Flare Up. It's all about Balance.

So that's most of the latest. Hubby is REALLY not handling being unemployed very well. He is depressed and crabby. He gets hopeless and upset...all of these things I am feeling as well so I understand. They say behind every cloud is a silver lining...I'm waiting to see it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment