Tattoos
New Tattoo

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Can I safely maintain/lose weight while pregnant


I went to the doctor and they gave me some harsh but encouraging information in regards to my weight. As you know, I am clinically overweight. My BMI (body mass index) for a 5 ft 7 and 179 lb woman is considered to be overweight. Thank God I am no longer in the obese rankings. They say I am a 28.
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight = 25-29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
With that said, my doctor told me I can safely continue on my weight loss journey by walking briskly after meals, eating a diet consisting of healthy foods, avoid high fat foods, and I can even go to the gym. He expects me to gain only 14 lbs through out my pregnancy which is fine with me. That would mean I will safely carry a baby and deliver at a weight of 193 lbs which is what I will aim for. I am going to continue to go to the gym, he said I can safely consume 2150 calories daily for my baby and we both will be fine. I am happy to know this because putting on too much "baby weight" for someone whose already overweight is not healthy for myself or the baby. I will keep you guys updated. My due date is March 18th and after I have the baby, I will immediately continue on my weight loss journey:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment