Tattoos
New Tattoo

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Color of Life

Gerber Daisies

I'm walking through the mall with my friend "K", taking in all the bright colorful clothes and shiny jewelry. Looking for a new perfume we stop in the Macy's fragrance department and ask for samples. Alas, the clerk informs us that the perfume companies are cutting back and she has very few samples. So, we go around spraying scent after scent until they all blend together and we can't smell anything but a mix of perfume in the air. I determine there is one scent I like, called Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Ironically, my favorite flowers are Gerber Daisies and my dog is named Daisy. But, before I spend $80 on a bottle of perfume I want a sample. So now I am on a sample hunt determined to try before I buy.

While searching for perfume we walk the entire Mall and check out a few of our favorite stores. I haven't been to a mall in over a year and I am in shock that most sizes in clothing stores now start at "0". Since when is ZERO a size? A woman who wears a zero would have to be thin as a stick. I also checked out some costume jewelry, bath and body stuff and remembered what fun it is to just go shopping - even window shopping! I hadn't walked that far in some time due to my Flare that lasted from mid 2008 - early-mid 2009. During this wonderful shopping experience I realized a few things...I really need to loose my Flare Weight (weight I gained during the 9 months I could do little but sit on my butt) and enjoy the fun of shopping to find cute outfits and look good again. It sounds crazy, but this shopping trip lifted my spirits. I didn't get anything, but, just looking around, socializing and looking at all the pretty new stuff was much fun.

It makes me reflect and think of personal goals I have for myself. Little things, like being able to fit into a normal size (not plus), getting my nails done, buying perfume to make myself smell attractive, purchasing some new music, getting my colored contacts again, a blossoming career and being the old me. Yup, this flare threw me for such a loop that I lost me. I'm finding her again, the old me is coming back. It's amazing how great life is once you live it fully. This was a nice reminder of the beautiful color that is life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment